Dog friendly cottages in the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley
What makes our cottages Dog Friendly?
- With the stunning natural locations of our large holiday cottages, we can allow several dogs an enclosed outside space big enough for them to bound around.
- This means that you can safely leave your pet in the cottage when you aren’t able to take them with you, so you don’t need to worry while you are out and about.
- Our dog friendly cottages offer fantastic walks directly from the front door. For example, River Wye Lodge has a pleasant walk alongside the river bank or the popular Holly Tree House in Symond’s Yat which is close to the famous Yat Rock viewpoint.
- Whatever your reason for visiting the Wye Valley or Forest of Dean, our houses are within easy access of many activities located around The River Wye near Monmouth and Abergavenny in Wales to Symonds Yat, Lydbrook and the Forest of Dean in England.
- If several members of your large group want to bring their dog with them we can accommodate up to 3 dogs for no extra charge.*
Days out with your dog
There are many things to do with your canine friends in the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley with a number of attractions allowing you to bring your dog with you.
Here’s a list of places to visit where your dog is a welcome guest.
- The Secret Forest – This offers a stunning walk with your dog
- Aunt Martha’s Restaurant – a classic Victorian Tea Room.
- Wye Valley trails – find all the public footpaths that allow you to see why the Wye Valley is an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- Sugarloaf Mountain – find fantastic views and plenty of open space
- Three Castle’s Walk – near Abergavenny this trail takes you between three wonderful castle ruins.
All of these locations are easily reachable from one of our dog friendly cottages. Check them out on our properties page.
The perfect dog friendly holiday
All these things mean you or your dog don’t have to miss out on sharing a short break, holiday or family meet up with your pets, once you’ve booked one of our pet friendly holiday cottages. With so much picturesque scenery in the Forest of Dean why not share your favourite photo with us on Twitter or Facebook? We’d love to see how you enjoyed one of our cottages!
*Note: Our houses can easily accommodate 2-3 pets inclusive of your regular booking. Some houses will take more, but there may be extra charges if excessive cleaning is required following your stay or there is damage caused during your visit. To discuss your requirements please get in touch with us and we’ll happily clarify the details relevant to your intended stay.
Prices from £1,800.00
The Cedars is a lovely Georgian holiday home ideally located in the heart of the village of Whitchurch, in the Forest of Dean and Wye Valley, and sleeps 12 – 20 people.
- Sleeps 12 - 20
- 8 bedrooms
- 5 mins walk to River Wye
- 4 en-suite bathrooms
- Walk to 3 pubs/restaurants