2023 is the year for you to visit Orchard House - especially with the great offers on January and February dates. Orchard House is a wonderful place to bring your family and friends. Whether for a week or weekend the house is spacious, clean and in the words of guests “They have thought of everything we might need – definitely the best holiday house we have found for our annual family gathering”.
As well as the incredible countryside location, Hot Tub by arrangement, huge Games Room and a winter wonderland for walks with a warm fire and fine local caterers, there are 8 reasons to pick Orchard House for your memorable gathering:
- We are a Cider farm. We grow apples for the Apple County Cider Co, our own cider maker based in Skenfrith. You can walk the orchard or ask for a tour of the 12,000 trees there is always something happening in the annual cycle.
- We can arrange Cider tastings for you and enable you to buy the Cider direct from Apple County. The Ciders are award winning ‘Great Taste Awards’, have been on TV, Saturday Morning Kitchen, Royal Welsh Show and Abergavenny food festival.
- Choose from Apple Ciders, Fruit Ciders, Spiced Winter Cider and Pear Cider. Have yourselves a blind tasting to see which you like best, have a look now at http://applecountycider.co.uk/
- People love coming here for the open space, the quiet and long or short walks straight out of your back door. We provide a map showing the highlights of the pagan spring, ancient oak trees, the wildwood and the beehives.
- Are horses your thing? Come and see our Spanish horse stud. We can arrange to talk you through what we do, introduce you to some of the characters, mares, stallions and youngstock. https://www.jareta.co.uk/
- Make the place your own with your family meal cooking in the Aga, the woodburning stove burning brightly in the big lounge. A time for stories, games and tales. Such as the one about Llangovan, St Govan and Tewdric from 600AD – then walk on the farm the next day to see where they lived and the pagan spring they worshiped. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tewdrig
- If bigger walks are your thing we are just 30 minutes from the Skirrid and the Sugar Loaf mountains. Each offer gentle and steep routes to meet at the top, with views across the marvellous Monmouthshire and Brecon countryside. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/sugarloaf-and-usk-valley/trails/skirrid-fawr-walk-a-mountain-of-mud-and-myths
- Finally we have two excellent pubs, 15 minutes away, yes you need a driver or two to get everyone there and back safely, but check out the Star and the Red Lion https://www.thestaronthehill.co.uk/food-star-hill https://lioninn.co.uk/